Topic: vga patch

Page 1 of 1
Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I read that some games that won't run through the vga box, can be patched, but how does this work & where do you get the stuff??
do you save the patch on your vmu & run it from there, or does it only work on copied games??

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:59 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
i never heard of a patch. you can use swap tricks. when i have a game that isnt vga ready i fisrt put in my DChakker disk. then i open the dreamcasts lid and replace hakker with the game i want. hit rescan then i sellect 1st read bin. and thats it, vga on a non vga ready game.
Posted:
Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:22 am
quote : #3
thx gary, will give it a try

phredreeke
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:15 pm
quote : #4
Patches are for burnt discs only.

There's a trick if you have a VGA box (with both composite and VGA outputs), start the dreamcast with the switch in tv mode, then once the game starts loading, flick it to VGA mode. Of course you do this on your own risk.
Posted:
Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:49 pm
quote : #5
phredreeke wrote:
Patches are for burnt discs only.

Of course you do this on your own risk.

why?? its not like it can blow up or anything (I hope Mr. Green Mr. Green )

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:37 am:

ok, a bit late, but another question

I downloaded dchakker.zip, how do I burn this?? I suppose it's no use burning the zip to disk
when I ectract the zip, I get 2 images: 1st_read.bin & IP.bin
what do I need to burn & how (as an image I suppose)
its for booting those few games that don't work in vga

thx

mayu

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:01 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
hey Mazonemayu did you ever get this working? i saw you made a post on burning DChakker. was you able to get it burnt? if you did i made a post along time ago on how to boot the games using DChakker. i was trying Hydro Thunder today and i forgot the process my self. so i had to look it up. anyway here is what i posted about it a while back. i have tested this today and it works great.

to make it load the GD-roms is a bit tricky. you load DChakker then swap in the GD-rom that your wanting to play, then select rescan. DChakker will then open the data on the GD-rom. now you want to select the file called (1st_read.bin).

but to load it from the (1st_read.bin) you have to high light it by hitting (A). then hit the (Y) button. now you can either hit the (A) button or scroll down to where it says (open). i prefer scrolling down to (open) it seems to work better.

if it doesn't load the first time repeat the process making sure that you hit (Y) before (A) every time you try to load the (1st_read.bin).