Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:28 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just curious but, what ship do you think, is the most underated ship in starlancer? Meaning, which ship have people neglected to see as being....more powerful than people percieve it to me. Wolverine and Patriot are set favorites among gamers, hell I even play with patriot most of the time.

I tried out the Crusader and it was pretty elite. Its gatling guns own in Bomb Tag. Anyone else got any insight on this?

I definatly feel I need to boot up starlancer and scope out what every single ship can do. I know most but not all.
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:57 am
quote : #2
Hmm...I generally prefer to play with the Patriot, even I feel that the Wolverine is just too damn unfair. However, there are a lot of ships that a lot of people never use, and they are really good: the Shroud being one of them. It's pretty powerful and has nice weaponry, but I never see people game with it online. A word of advice, though, avoid the Mirage. It sucks. Hardcore. (IMO)

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:45 pm
quote : #3
I think I am the only one who uses a Pheonix. It has great speed and great shields, but the firepower is a little lacking. The Wolverine is just too unfair. Three direct hits from its guns kill me and the Pheonix has some of the best shields in the game next to a Wolverine. It takes me somewhere between 30-45 direct hits to take out someone in a Pheonix.

I think the Tempest is a great ship too. Same firepower as a Patriot and it has reverse thrust. It has decent shields and armor, but is only a little faster than a Wolverine.

If you want to test all the ships just go into survival mode. It is a quick way to test the ship in a variety of situations like fighting off waves of fighters, taking out capital ships, and racing into a warp gate before it closes.
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:35 am
quote : #4
I no longer fear Wolverine anymore. Most people say he is cheap and unfair but...he is sluggish and slow. I use speed against him. Then I will flip on spectral sheilds and start unloading on him. Wolverine has his vulnurabilities. Lately people have been using wolverine in games and other people in different ships are at the top of the ladder. So he is not that cheap of a ship.