Topic: Favorite game mode?

Page 1 of 1
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
There are a lot of varying game modes in SL, what's everybody's favorite? I still have yet to play a couple...namely Hunt the Shadow (actually, that's the only one I haven't played), but I definitely really like Bomb Tag. It's so hectic when you have 10 seconds left on the bomb timer, and you're flying around frantically looking for someone to shoot, and you pass it off with 4 seconds left, hoping you can avoid the player with the bomb for 45 seconds, which seems to drag out forever...hehe.

But you can't forget Nuke Threat; I know that this is a lot of people's fav. game mode: Nuke Threat with turrets and 5 or 6 people is INSANITY. I personally never get tired of the nuke. Dying never looked so f*cking awsome. And also, large sense of satisfaction when you fly through the rings and watch as everyone but you gets destroyed.

Asteroid Arena is also kick ass, but only if you're looking for a straight up deathmatch style experience. It can get kind of stale playing in the same arena over and over again. But still, I haven't played AA in a long time. I'm up for a game of AA, NT, and BT tomorrow at SS if I can show, which I'm not completely sure about.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:53 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think my favorite is Hunt the Shadow, but you need atleast 4 people to get a good game going.

Dark Reign is also a lot of fun. Watching a gigantic gun lock on to your opponent as they frantically try to get away but end up blown to pieces is very rewarding.

I like Tag Bomb when it actually works. Sometimes I will shoot a guy so much, he blows up and the bomb never passes.

Asteroid Arena and Nuke Strike is great at any time.