Topic: Lightgun help

Page 1 of 1
Gryzor
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:52 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've just seen a Madcatz lightgun in a shop advertised for £7.99 in a cabinet. I can see nothing apart from the gun. Isn't there supposed to be some sort of sensor that goes on top of the TV to allow the gun to work?

Another quesion; what TVs will this gun work on? Does anybody else own this model?

DJShrimpy
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:12 pm
quote : #2
I've never in my life seen a lightgun that requires a sensor bar before...

Just make sure it's a CRT screen. It should work on almost any TV, not sure about monitors though.

Even if you don't plan on using it, you should definitely buy it and sell it anyway, most of the time they tend to range near $30.00, so this would be a good purchase either way.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:05 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Gryzor wrote:
I've just seen a Madcatz lightgun in a shop advertised for £7.99 in a cabinet. I can see nothing apart from the gun. Isn't there supposed to be some sort of sensor that goes on top of the TV to allow the gun to work?

Another quesion; what TVs will this gun work on? Does anybody else own this model?

I have a madcatz gun or at least my friend who borrowed it some time ago does lol. No sensor bars required and it will work on all standard TV's however there are issues with newer TV's like HD and plasma. NOt sure exactly which ones work and which ones dont but there is a thread about that that you might find with the search option.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:32 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yeah, as already mentioned...no need to worry about a sensor.

If you are using an LCD, Plasma or even a 100hz CRT TV you will be wasting your money...you will need a standard CRT TV either 50 or 60hz compliant...sadly these are now becoming less common as people update to HDTV's Sad

Cheers, Craig

PS: When we say CRT (just in case) we mean the older "tube" type TV's which are larger than todays LCD's and Plasma's

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com