1, 2  Next
Gforce
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I see people left and right repping "other" companies with various trinkets and apparel but I'm yet to see much for anything Dreamcast or Sega related. Does anyone know of any sites that might sell waht I'm looking for?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:37 pm
quote : #2
Hrmm well I guess that would all depending on what you are trying to represent. I am referencing a can of worms here that shant be opened on these forums, but the Sega of today is no longer the Sega they were during the Dreamcast days. So maybe reping the "SEGA" logo may not be for the best.

I did some searches on ebay and didn't come up with much relating to the Dreamcast, and clothing.

What I would do, is take the Dreamcast logo, and go to a professional silkscreen t-shirt shop and have them make some for you.

I took the liberty of setting up a pro-grade vector file of the Dreamcast logo for you. The only problem is that I don't have the "PAN TONE" color scheme for the North American sega swirl, which is a color standard designed to enable the colors to come out exact regardless of the print setup. The PAL blue swirl layer in the file is PAN TONE accurate, but I had to simply eye the North American colors. This is a vector graphics file. Which means it is not in pixels but mathematical coordinates. This enables someone to for instance blow up the logo on a blimp or something without a loss in quality. So don't open this in photoshop, edit it, and then send it back off to the printers as a Raster (pixel based) graphic. If you want to do any editing yourself, you will need a Vector graphics program such as Illustrator or CorelDRAW.

So if anyone wants to make some crisp pro Dreamcast t-shirts, you can use the following file: http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/downloads/dc_logo.zip

If anyone has any troubles with the file format, just reply back and I can save it to an alternate file format. It is in a universal .EPS file format. Which is a standard. However due to some businesses having outdated versions of Illustrator, they aren't able to open newer files.
Posted:
Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:00 pm
quote : #3
It would be cool if we had a DC shirt with that black "horizon" art that is used on the boxes for NTSC-U accessories.

Gforce
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:03 pm
quote : #4
Thanks man. I'll try to figure out how to work with this thing. I've just always wanted my own shirt to show my love for these guys, despite how they've done in the present, past or future.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:24 pm
quote : #5
I know a guy on a dutch segaforum who sells the blue SEGA AGES tshirt in medium size for €20 (still new wrapped in plastic)

this what you mean?

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:01 pm
quote : #6
If anyone is worried that "homemade" shirts could make it into the market as "new / official," the official shirts have the "SEGA" logo on the inside tag.

There are plenty of official Dreamcast shirts. In North America they came in white with an orange swirl, black with an orange swirl, and orange with a white swirl. I'm sure there were other variations as well.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:37 pm
quote : #7
DJS wrote:
It would be cool if we had a DC shirt with that black "horizon" art that is used on the boxes for NTSC-U accessories.

Yea I wish I had a hi-resolution image of that, but all I have are tiny scans, and boxart with stuff covering it up. I guess I will have to someday re-make it from scratch which I am fully capable of doing, it would just take a bit of time to do.
Posted:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:36 pm
quote : #8
Type: Pal
I know that years ago when Planet ring first came out in the Pal region there was supposed to be a prize each month for holding various top scores. The prize was a Planet ring shirt !!! and a mic. Stupid really as my Mrs held the no1 ranked score on dreamdorobo on planet ring for an age it was never beaten. So had we filled in the claim form each month would have had shed loads of these lol but we never did. Would be wicked if a planet ring shirt was ever found but I have doubts there are many around. I would be surprised if many were claimed or if they were even sent out.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:17 am
quote : #9
Type: PAL
There's always that arsenal kit if your really desperate for something official... I would imagine it would be easy enough to get hold of now.

Dreamcast history had a nice collection of images of dreamcast/sega paraphernalia from that time, but it seems to be down at the moment.
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:07 pm
quote : #10
Hmm i'd prefer to have an original one rather than a homemmade one, i bought this one some 2 years ago (sponsor of a french team called Saint-etienne) :
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/sgmx/KIF_2105.jpg

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:42 pm
quote : #11
bomb78 wrote:
Hmm i'd prefer to have an original one rather than a homemmade one, i bought this one some 2 years ago (sponsor of a french team called Saint-etienne) :

Yeah there are a few few football (Soccer) Dreamcast shirts around but unless you like the sport as well its a bit crap really...still...nice its all official like Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:38 pm
quote : #12
Type: Pal
segadreamcaster wrote:
bomb78 wrote:

Yeah there are a few few football (Soccer) Dreamcast shirts around but unless you like the sport as well its a bit crap really...still...nice its all official like Smile

And can be quite akward if you do like it Laughing As a Liverpool fan I cant go round wearing an Arsenal shirt and as for Saint-etienne well one of our most famous victorys in europe came against them so would look a bit silly in thier shirt also.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:42 pm
quote : #13
Blast wrote:

And can be quite akward if you do like it Laughing As a Liverpool fan I cant go round wearing an Arsenal shirt and as for Saint-etienne well one of our most famous victorys in europe came against them so would look a bit silly in thier shirt also.

Laters

LOL Smile very true m8..very true....guess the DC football shirts are something of a limited use for most of us Sad

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:06 pm
quote : #14
lordnikon wrote:
DJS wrote:

Yea I wish I had a hi-resolution image of that, but all I have are tiny scans, and boxart with stuff covering it up. I guess I will have to someday re-make it from scratch which I am fully capable of doing, it would just take a bit of time to do.

http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/ would work great for it.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:07 pm
quote : #15
Well or you can just use an actual graphics application to do Raster to Vector conversions. One of the problems with converting a Raster image to Vector using any convertor is that is makes far too many pieces. Sure its converted, but editing it beyond that can be a nightmare.

Its best to take CorelDRAW or Illustrator and rebuild the Dreamcast box art from scratch. Then all of the gradiants will be fluid and smooth, and things can properly be broken up into layers.