Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Does anyone have any tips for playing this Dreamcast game,and what is the proper positioning for the gas and brake levers when you turn on the Dreamcast?

It looks like it could be a fun game once you get a handle on the controller.

Treamcaster
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:09 pm
quote : #2
I got the controller last month, but since I didn't buy the game yet, I dindn't try it...

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:57 am
quote : #3
The game is playable with a normal pad. Its for sure more fun with the train controler. Anyway please notice - densha de go isnt an action game - so it could be boring if your not familar with this kind of games.
Posted:
Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:25 pm
quote : #4
I have been looking on ebay for Densha de go! and the train controller for some time now. They show up every now and then, but mostly are quiet expensive. What would be a reasonable price for the game and the controller?
Since Tokyo Bus Guide belongs to my absolute top three DC games and I think it's the only at least remotely similar game experience on the DC, I believe it would be a good investment for me to get Densha de Go!

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:26 pm
quote : #5
Oh no,you mean I can't mount machine guns,cannon or rocket launcher onto the train to blast anything that dares to get on the track, I guess plowing into them is my only option. LOL

As far as price, I bought a new Dream-eye($29.99) and mint Densha De Go game and controller($64.99) with the shipping adding another $34.00 from Japan. Is that a reasonable amount?

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:39 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
here is a resonably priced one http://cgi.ebay.com/DREAMCAST-DENSHA-DE-GO-2-CONTROLLER-GAME-JP_W0QQitemZ150226435148QQihZ005QQcateg oryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted:
Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:50 pm
quote : #7
I've bought mine + game from that person on ebay last year, & I must say it was in great shape (box near mint, booklet, original plastic bag), fast delivery too. Can't remember exactly what I paid for it though, I think it was round €50 (which should be round $65 or so)

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:08 pm
quote : #8
Yes,I bought mine from the same site as well,now back to the question regarding the placement of the levers when you turn on the Dreamcast. Should the left one(gas?) be all the way up,and the left one(brake?)to the left or right?

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 am
quote : #9
Tenmeido....... is a Fu.... I' ll never buy again there. Back in the days - I asked him for a discount and he set me on the black list. Anyway look at the pics - the box is discolored - so I personal wont buy this auction.
Posted:
Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:25 am
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U/C
Mine looks like the one pictured. I think the gradient look was intended.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:23 pm
quote : #11
The box is sun faded - mine looks - ummmm - more colorfull.
Posted:
Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:12 pm
quote : #12
original box color is something between pink & orange (looks like smoked salmon imo Mr. Green )