Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:26 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/the-story-sega%E2%80%99s-oddest-game-ever?page=0%2C0

I would call this the most complete synopsis of SGGG's development cycle available. This is a must read for any sega fan.

I particularly love this translated part from the game:

Quote:
“Games are nothing more than mere products!” exclaims a member of Sega’s management team. “You examine popular market trends, churn out nearly identical titles, and then you rake in the dough! Imitate our competitor’s top-sellers: that’s the golden rule! Throw away your emotions and become a mindless machine. This is how you make successful games.”

“But I want to make totally innovative games that nobody has ever seen before,” your character pleads.

“Innovation? How foolish! Who will take responsibility if the game flops?”

Also, I find it facinating that they had a limited budget of 30,000 yen to promote the game (roughly $300 dollars). He invested $200.00 into a wrestling mask, made by a real professional wrestler and wore that around to promote SGGG.
Posted:
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:10 pm
quote : #2
Great article. I really had no idea that the game was a parody of the game industry and of Sega itself.

The wrestling mask sounds crazy, but makes sense. It's very distinctive, standing out in people's minds. What better way to make an impression by shocking them with something out-of-character. Smile

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:45 pm
quote : #3
great read

its still on my to-buy list Razz

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
shrap
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:53 am
quote : #4
one of the most interesting articles i have read in a long time. his love for sega and the industry comes through in almost every paragraph and it makes you wish the industry was full of people like this. i know that there are lots of people in this industry that are passionate about what they do but it whent through the whole industry from the tester up to the management it would only benefit us the gamers.
Posted:
Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:09 pm
quote : #5
I can't beleive this is an actual game! I haven't played many games that are based on real life situations. Is this game still available to buy or is this an untouchable hell of a 'GEM'!?
Posted:
Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:10 pm
quote : #6
I can't wait until the translation patch is released. I would love to experience this game.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven