Previous  1, 2
Ragensi
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:41 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Grandia 2 is an excellent rpg for the system. I remember when I first played it , I was glued to it until I finished it Razz Don't forget that the Sega Smash Pack has Shining Force. Not sure how many hours that one is , though.

Gforce
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:49 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ragensi wrote:
Grandia 2 is an excellent rpg for the system. I remember when I first played it , I was glued to it until I finished it Razz Don't forget that the Sega Smash Pack has Shining Force. Not sure how many hours that one is , though.
Aw sssshit, I can't help it. I played Grandia like crack until I beat it.

Jimyerk2k
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:25 pm
quote : #18
Skies of Arcadia is rockin' as far as DC rpgs go but probably too long even though I could beat it in a week. My vote is for time stalkers! jk Evolution is your best bet
shrap
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:08 pm
quote : #19
don't think anyone mentioned the skies of arcadia from everything i heard it's supposed to be an amazing game. there is a copy at a local pawn shop in town but he's always asking the upper ebay prices for it so i have not picked it up yet.
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:05 am
quote : #20
you won't finish SOA & Time stalkers in a week m8, on the other hand, they're both great games

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:17 pm
quote : #21
Type: Pal
Mazonemayu wrote:
you won't finish SOA & Time stalkers in a week m8, on the other hand, they're both great games

Thanks for all the info so far

In all reality it probably wont get finished whatever game it is. I'll more likely end up giving them the game to take home or on lend to post back. Grandia 2 is looking like its going to be a top running of games mentioned on all 3 boards (GC PS2 DC see original message) I youtubed it and it looks nice too Smile

More suggestions welcome

Laters
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:25 am
quote : #22
Mazonemayu wrote:
Personally I think both Evolutions are great games, despite their limited size/ weps, spells & all; these games must have it of the replay value, every time you enter a dungeon, the map is different, with different enemies & different items. It takes a hell of a long time, just to fill your museum with all the rares you collected, and I'm really not sure, as to how many cyframes (most important weps) there are in the games.

I also totaly love Grandia 2, although its a bit short imo; but it looks & plays excellent

I don't know about evolution. It wasn't as critically acclaimed as Skies of Arcadia or Grandia II. Personally, I also think Grandia 2 would be an excellent choice. Prices seem too high for skies of arcadia right now on eBay ($20+). Shenmue is probably my best reocmmendation, but I doubt you can find that faster than Grandia 2. In my experience, shenmue is rare.