Topic: BBA Information...

Page 1 of 1
shoutout33
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I may be late with this, but it'd be really, really cool if I'm the first to show this. Here it goes...ahem:

HOT DAMN! PRE-ORDER THE DREAMCAST BBA FOR $49!!!! WHOHOO!!!

I give you a linky to the proof, just scroll down to you see it.

http://www.ncsx.org/2002/ncs082602/ncs0826.htm

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:41 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
I... I want to believe!
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Lordnikon actually mentioned that in a previous topic. As you can see, the site is quite outdated, (the news archive is from 2002, and mentions that the Gamecube edition of PSO I & II will ship that September!)

I wonder if CSI still has that offer open. Even if they do, it would be quite difficult to get 1000 pre-orders. Getting 100 pre-orders from all of the people at this site probably wouldn't be too difficult, but 1000 would. We'd need to send out lots of requests and stuff, to reach many people from different sites.
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:26 pm
quote : #4
The company who developed the Dreamcast BBA's has long since shutdown. Their offer was in 2002, which was long before OC even started. I only bring this up because in 2003 people at this site still were thinking that the company could be contacted and the 1000 pre-order offer was still valid.

We could probobly muster up maybe 10 or 15 BBA pre-orders. People couldn't even cough up the money for some of the Dreamcast's newer releases when they were coming out.
Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:17 am
quote : #5
Ah dammit all to video gaming hell! Evil or Very Mad I thought I was doing something there. I'm gonna call and fuss at them for have old news. I'll get back with you all on this.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:29 am
quote : #6
mcmonkey wrote:
I... I want to believe!

Me to Smile LMAO Razz

Yeah, sad that this never came to be.....having an extra thousand floating around would certainly have helped get these in the hands of gamers...nevermind Sad

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:09 pm
quote : #7
shoutout33 wrote:
Ah dammit all to video gaming hell! Evil or Very Mad I thought I was doing something there. I'm gonna call and fuss at them for have old news. I'll get back with you all on this.

What? Were you serious when you posted this? Pretty much everyone, myself included, thought your thread was a joke for fun or something. The link is from NCSX's 2002 news archives.
Posted:
Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:18 pm
quote : #8
Uhh.... Did i just miss something?

shoutout33
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:31 am
quote : #9
Quote:

Yep, two things:

1.) I screwed up a perfectly good joke and didn't know it....

2.) I'm slow as molasses when it comes to DC information...

*trying to wash off the big "loser" stamped on my head by Lord Nikon* Wink Mr. Green

NIkon I didn't know man. I was so excited to see the news, that I didn't even check the date to se when it was written. Shocked

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:15 am
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
We could probobly muster up maybe 10 or 15 BBA pre-orders. People couldn't even cough up the money for some of the Dreamcast's newer releases when they were coming out.

Ah yes, but, you are forgetting something; piraters. How many people who spent 50c per each CD-R would have bought the games if there were no other way they could possibly get it? Unless they had stolen their Dreamcast, and their computer, they certainly had paid for that. Even if people did want to just steal BBA's instead of buying them, there are only so many to go around, right now.

I'm sort of glad that shoutout33 wasn't joking, or else I'd have felt embarrassed for taking him seriously. It wouldn't have been the first time I did something like that.
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:27 am
quote : #11
shoutout33 wrote:
Quote:

Yep, two things:

*trying to wash off the big "loser" stamped on my head by Lord Nikon* Wink Mr. Green

NIkon I didn't know man. I was so excited to see the news, that I didn't even check the date to se when it was written. Shocked

I still don't see whats the big deal about the BBA, as it only works on a very small amount of games. Whats the difference?

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:53 pm
quote : #12
Type: Pal
Saturn wrote:
shoutout33 wrote:
Quote:

Yep, two things:

I still don't see whats the big deal about the BBA, as it only works on a very small amount of games. Whats the difference?

Mainly Broadband for Q3 and BB web browsing. Thats about it truth be told I guess it depends on your desires.

Laters