Page 1 of 1
Saturn
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:26 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Just a quick question, are Dreamcast save files regional locked or some or another? I've just brought Samba De Amigo (PAL) version with the maracas's finally but i;ve been playing with a US boot-CD of Samba De Amigo and i don't want to do it all over again, so are they regional locked or will i still be able to use my save?

NB-DanTE
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:49 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Yes ,DC saves are regional locked but i don't know if all the games saves are same
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:01 am
quote : #3
Quote:
Just a quick question, are Dreamcast save files regional locked or some or another? I've just brought Samba De Amigo (PAL) version with the maracas's finally but i;ve been playing with a US boot-CD of Samba De Amigo and i don't want to do it all over again, so are they regional locked or will i still be able to use my save?

Ok. Are you saying that you just got the (PAL) version of the game or the maracas or both? Now, if you've been playing a US game that boots on your PAL system, then yes, you will NOT be able to use your save; however, if you have just the maracas themselves, then in won't matter, as perifrials are region free. I hope I understood your question and gave you the right answer.

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:06 pm
quote : #4
Not all save files are region locked. I have Marvel vs capcom 1 for the dreamcast. I own both the US and Japan version. I use to think that I would have to unlock all the characters again. So when I bought the Japan version it loaded my US save file. I was surprise that it did. So I guess that not ALL save files are region locked.

I also own MVC 2 both US and JP versions. Those ARE region locked. So I guess as long as the change in the PAL US or JP version isn't that big it wont be Region locked.

My two cents.