Topic: PC players plz read this

Page 1 of 1
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
This is simple for ppl who like 2 play with us fragging fridays. We dont hate PC players - we dont fear U2 - and evry fragg means honor. Anyway fragging friday is an dreamcast event. Its hard for dremcast players 2 find a running regular game - thats why we have fragging fridays. Running at the same time - evry week since years. Dreamcast is limited to 4x ppl only - so please join us only if we are only 2x ppl inside the server and leave us when the server is filled up. We dont have the ability 2 change the server when its filled up 2 have some games. You as a pc player have this ability - there are hundreeds pc players outside and its easy 2 join them and have some good games. So be sure - I realy hate 2 start a discussion fridays - if youre welcome or not. As a fair gamer you should accept that simple. And it doesnt realy change the situation - when youre telling us things like: yeah I own 3x dreamcasts and a bba .... but Im not playing it 2night. If thats the case - stay better away from us.

I mean I left the bar and stopped drinking yesterday - 2 play the regular fragging friday game. So be sure Im a serios quake III dreamcast gamer. Thanks for reading this monkeyteached english words and happy gaming 2 all of us.
Posted:
Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
As far as OC's Q3 servers are concerned, PC players are supposed to stay off of the servers entirely. If you see PC players on there at all, ever, just let me know their names. Repeat offenses could result in being banned from the forums and banning their username from the server itself. PC players should respect our online playing space.
Posted:
Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:14 pm
quote : #3
Fallout's_Lair_#03 osp server has maxpackets_min set to 3000. This does not prevent PC players from joining but...They lag so bad they cant move or talk Laughing It has no effect on Dreamcast players and runs fine. Since voting is disabled and there is no time limit and no bots, it is stuck on map01 for eternity Sad but it is a good way to prevent them from staying

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:38 pm
quote : #4
I wouldn't impose any restrictions on OC's Dreamcast Quake 3 Servers that would negatively impact the playing experience. PC players shouldn't be able to wield such power over us. For them to merely join our servers and force us to limit our server options is a bad thing. Cutting the data rate to 3000 may not effect dialup users, but it sure would effect Dreamcast BBA users.

I cannot stress this enough. The master list is run by id software. It is public and open to all. People abroad are allowed to use the Master List to host and play on the game servers listed. However players need to respect each servers rules and regulations. As far as this message board is concerned, and the servers that OnlineConsoles runs and pays for, they are for Dreamcast console players only.

We all know it can be a pain to get online with the Dreamcast if you do not have a BBA. Getting online with the DC isn't always an easy process. However this doesn't give people a free pass to bypass the Dreamcast hardware itself and just play from their PC here. The whole point of playing "Dreamcast Online" is to use a Dreamcast console. One of the joys of playing online with fellow Dreamcast users is knowing they probobly had to go through the same hardships to get their consoles online as you did. This reflects a level of seriousness and dedication, and is what paives the way for many friendships here before they even begin.

If you guys run into PC players on OC servers, respectfully ask them to leave and go to another server, and inform them that OC's Dreamcast Quake 3 servers are for Dreamcast users only.