NB-DanTE
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hack the hackers!

Hacking group LulzSec today came forward and stated that they are not responsible for the network attack on Sega's online gaming network, Sega Pass. In a twist of events, LulzSec issued a statement to Sega, claiming that they will help Sega take down whoever initiated the attack, saying this on their Twitter page:

"@Sega - contact us. We want to help you destroy the hackers that attacked you. We love the Dreamcast, these people are going down."

So far, no hacker groups are coming forward to claim credit for the attack. However, a number of recent attacks on game companies and their online services are credited with LulzSec, which publicly lists their attacks. But LulzSec denies that it was ever involved with the breach at Sega.

Earlier yesterday, Sega's online gaming network Sega Pass was attacked, which brought the service completely down. Sega's response team confirmed the attack and mentioned that critical customer information is compromised.

Customer details such as names, DOBs, email addresses, and passwords were taken, but Sega says that passwords are encrypted. On the other hand, officials at the company stated that financial information is safe, as those details do not reside on Sega's own servers. Sega is still investigating the breach today, but have not identied new information.

Company officials recommend Sega Pass users change their login credentials as soon as possible.

original link: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/lulzsec-hackers-sega-pass,12965.html
Posted:
Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:36 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
NB-DanTE wrote:
We love the Dreamcast, these people are going down.

lol, thats soo hardcore Mr. Green

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!